Have you noticed doors that won’t close properly or new cracks appearing in your walls? These could be signs that your home is facing foundation settlement issues, a problem that can significantly affect the structural integrity of your home over time. It’s a silent adversary, creeping slowly, yet causing damage that can sometimes be irreversible if not addressed promptly. The peace of mind that comes with a secure and stable home is irreplaceable, and understanding foundation settlement is the first step towards achieving that peace.
For over a decade in North Carolina, Dry Pro Foundation & Crawlspace Specialists have protected numerous homes from foundation settlement. Using state-of-the-art solutions and the expertise of our certified technicians, we detect and address foundation settlement problems to ensure the strength and safety of your home.
What Is Foundation Settlement?
Foundation settlement occurs when the soil beneath the home’s foundation cannot sustain the structure’s weight, leading the foundation to sink unevenly. The unsettling can happen gradually over a significant period or suddenly due to incidents like heavy rains or droughts.
This uneven settling results in wall cracks, sticking doors and windows, and uneven floors, escalating to severe structural damage if neglected.
At Dry Pro Foundation & Crawlspace Specialists, we present a range of foundation repair alternatives to permanently fortify a settled foundation, using solutions such as push piers, helical piers, and slab piers to prevent future settlement.
What Causes Foundation Settlement?
Foundation settlement is influenced by various factors including:
- Soil shrinkage: During drought conditions, the foundation can sink as clay soils dry and contract. Nearby mature trees exacerbate the issue by extracting moisture from the soil.
- Soil expansion: Excessive rains or flooding can make clay soils swell, pushing the foundation upward. Once dried, the soil contracts, creating voids that result in the foundation sinking.
- Poor soil compaction: Improperly compacted fill soils before foundation construction can lead to gradual sinking as the home’s weight compresses the loose soil over time.
- Erosion: Soil erosion around the foundation, intensified by poor drainage and clogged gutters, undermines the foundation support.
Can You Fix Foundation Settlement?
Absolutely, foundation settlement is rectifiable. The primary approach is to elevate the settled foundation segments and stabilize them by redistributing the weight to deeper, more solid soil or bedrock, averting the need for total foundation replacement.
At Dry Pro Foundation & Crawlspace Specialists, we are equipped with the expertise to implement less invasive yet highly effective solutions.
How to Fix Foundation Settlement:
Our team at Dry Pro Foundation & Crawlspace Specialists utilizes contemporary foundation repair technologies including:
- Push piers: These steel piers are installed deep into the ground beneath the foundation and attached to the footings using brackets.
- Helical piers: Screw-in steel piers are positioned under the foundation to anchor into stable underground soils.
- Slab piers: Useful for reinforcing and potentially lifting settled concrete slab floors.
Our integrated system of steel foundation piers offers permanent stabilization and can lift the settled sections, facilitating the repair of cosmetic damages caused due to settling.
Why Address Foundation Settlement Now?
Addressing foundation settlement promptly is vital to:
- Prevent further damage: Left unaddressed, settlement issues will progressively worsen, necessitating extensive repairs.
- Avoid safety hazards: Serious settlement issues can render floors uneven and walls unstable.
- Protect your investment: Resolving settlement issues can enhance your home’s value.
Reach out to us today to schedule a complimentary inspection and acquire a repair estimate today!
Contact Dry Pro Foundation & Crawlspace Specialists
Delaying the repair of your settled foundation is not advisable. Dry Pro Foundation & Crawlspace Specialists possesses the proficiency to diagnose and rectify foundation issues using cutting-edge piering solutions. Our team stands ready to inspect your home’s foundation and propose the optimum repair strategies. Secure your free, no-obligation estimate by calling us today.
Typical indicators include:
The cost varies based on the damage severity and the chosen repair method. Dry Pro Foundation & Crawlspace Specialists offer free, no-obligation estimates, striving to provide solutions that accommodate your budget through flexible financing options. Contact us to book your inspection and obtain an estimate.
Several factors can cause uneven foundation settlement including:
- Soil shrinkage during droughts
- Soil expansion due to heavy rains or flooding
- Improper soil compaction at the time of foundation construction
- Erosion resulting from inadequate drainage or blocked gutters
Dry Pro Foundation and Crawlspace Specialists explains how they calculate the cost of a foundation repair in the Greater Charlotte area. Call or contact us today to schedule a free estimate!
Last Modified Date: