- Clogged, heavy gutters may rot wooden siding and fascia, leading to lower indoor air quality and mold growth within the home.
- Pests are more likely to inhabit a clogged gutter with stagnant, restricted water flow. Decaying leaves create a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other unwanted insects.
- Ineffective downspouts and clogged gutters make foundations more vulnerable to damage and flooding.
- Damage to your landscape may occur as water bypasses clogged gutters and floods gardens and hardscapes below.
- Ice dams and icy sidewalk conditions may occur as snow and water pool due to a clogged drain.
Dangers of Clogged Gutters
Last Modified Date: