In North Carolina, wet basement problems and crawl space wetness issues are ever present. Most homeowners give up on these issues as inevitable and let their wet basements fester and rot. There is a solution that is simple and easy to execute.
All you have to do is call on experts who deal with crawl space mold and wet crawl space areas and have them assess the situation. Once the initial inspection is completed, such professionals will be able to guide you through the best options for crawl space structural repair in North Carolina, and the greater Charlotte area. Bid adieu to moisture and mold problems for good!
It is an understood fact that whether it is your basement or crawl space area, moisture finds its way into it with ease. The primary cause of a damp crawl space or wet basement is the proximity to the ground.
- Groundwater dampens the soil that leads to issues like wet basements and crawl spaces.
- Melting snow as well as rain waters that run-off your home makes their way to your crawl space which gives rise to crawl space mold.
- Another prime reason is condensation which is the result of warm air from the exterior of the house reacting with the dampness and cool conditions of your crawl space.
When so much moisture makes its way to your basement and crawl space region, basement leaks and wet crawl spaces are the immediate result. When left to fester, these situations can give rise to various health hazards as well as structural mayhem. Just think of it like this, your house is being attacked and undermined from beneath. It may not happen overnight but the structural integrity of your home could come under fire and reduce the value of it considerably if you do nothing about your basement leaks.
Problems Caused by Wet Crawl Space and Wet Basement in Charlotte
There are many problems that occur as a direct result to all the moisture that has accumulated in your basement or crawl space area. Not only does this cause foundation repair need but it also results in unhealthy living conditions for people who reside in the residential or commercial premises.
- Wood rot – One common result of an unattended wet basement is wood rot. Moisture in these areas destroys the wooden structures of your home and basement. Once wood rot catches on, the place becomes a dangerous land mine of tottering wood and unsteady foundation which needs immediate attention from specialists in crawl space structural repair.
- Mold & Mildew – Mold is a type of fungus that thrives in wet environments that do not have enough of ventilation and too much humidity. Since air rises from the bottom areas of your home such as a wet basement and crawl space, mold spores and mildew are transferred through the home in the air that people breathe. The result is allergies and upper respiratory disorders like asthma and wheezing to name a few.
If you are faced with a wet basement in Charlotte or have a Charlotte crawl space mold problem, waste no time in calling on professionals at Dry-Pro Basement Systems! Visit them online for a free basement waterproofing estimate.