Choosing an outside contractor for your home remodel or improvement project can be an overwhelming, but very important process. There are several factors that need to be weighed, in order to ensure that you’re making the right decision when choosing a contractor for your next home remodel or project.
To help make the process easier for you, listed below are 7 tips you should keep in mind when choosing a contractor:
1) Confirm they’re licensed, bonded and insured – having the right credentials is essential
2) Check references about the contractors’ workmanship, customer service and reputation using verified sites like Better Business Bureau
3) Get multiple written quotes before making a decision on choosing a contractor and take your time deciding – this is the most important decision for a remodel or home improvement project; make sure to compare the work estimated in each to confirm that all quotes include the same work detail
4) Choose a contractor who meets the specific needs of your project; ensure that the contractor has performed the work needed frequently, with favorable results
5) Make sure the contractor provides a highly detailed plan of the project and quote prior to signing a contract
6) Establish clear communication – be comfortable with communicating any questions that you have about project details, and it should be the same for the contractor who you are vetting; making sure that building trust is a top priority
7) Meet the contractor in person before making a final decision – make sure to go over the project quote and contract, and have a list of questions ready beforehand to ask during the meeting (see above), so that you’re on the same page before any project work begins
If you’re remodeling or refurbishing a home, it is important to have a crawlspace evaluation to make sure the moisture levels in the home are normal. Especially, if you’re having hardwood floors either installed or refurbished. Dry Pro is a full-service licensed contractor specializing in crawlspaces, foundation and concrete repair. Dry Pro has built a strong reputation for combining expert knowledge with unparalleled customer service to provide the best experience possible for customers. Contact Dry Pro for a free, no obligation crawlspace evaluation. Dry Pro services the Lawndale, NC, area and the surrounding cities.