With Hurricane Florence in our midst, many homeowners are wondering what they can do to protect their homes from the impending wind and rain. It is important to take the necessary steps in order to protect your home and crawlspace. Below are five steps that you can take for precaution:
- Anchor any unsafe objects – like outdoor furniture, grills or lumber in your backyard.
- Declutter your gutters – if they are cluttered, they will overflow, and the water will drain next to your foundation, which can cause future foundation problems.
- Gather enough supplies to last for at least a week such as water, food, and medications.
- Board up windows and reinforce door hinges to secure from heavy winds and debris.
- Check Your Sump Pump – if you have a sump pump, you should make sure it’s working properly. In the event of a power outage, it’s always good to have a battery backup to ensure your sump pump will continue to work.
Dry Pro’s crawlspace experts can come and inspect your crawlspace and sump pump ahead of the upcoming storm. Contact us here for a free, no obligation inspection. Dry Pro offers complete waterproofing solutions in Badin, NC, and the surrounding areas.